Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Big Mac...

-- Hehehe, funny day at work. Our supervisor decided to deny internet access to certain people at the office since he thought that they were spending too much time online instead of working. One of my co-workers had been caught chatting when one message popped up on his screen while the supervisor was beside him discussing something. I myself had been warned not to work on the "unofficial" website I was making for the company during work hours.The supervisor talked to our IT guy and I overheard the IT guy said that the only way to be selective in denying access to certain people would be to physically unplug the network cable(!). I got the idea to just block ceratin mac addresses at our modem, which had this feature. I didn't tell anyone at first and decided to test it on the supervisor's pc. Pretty soon the IT guy was called in by the supervisor to fix his "internet outage". I watched him go to the sup's office, try something, go to another workstation, check if indeed the rest of the office was online, go back to the sup's pc, go back out again. He even borrowed an antivirus installer from me since he thought that some kind of virus must have trashed the sup's pc. Anyway, after several hours of watching him go back and forth I decided to restore the sup's connection. Later on I found out from the IT guy that I wasn't on the list of people whose internet access was about to get pulled. He asked me if I knew how to selectively block access to the internet. Lolz. I volunteered my help and asked him for the list of people to block and reconfigured the modem again. He wanted to know how I did it but I didn't want to tell him since that way my access can't be arbitrarily blocked by him. I also don't quite trust him to reconfigure the modem on his own since he looked blank when I mentioned ARP, he doesn't even know what mac addresses are. I told him to google for "big mac". Lolz.


-- My home system is trashed ( karma? :) ). I was trying to fit win2k, win98(since I can boot in to this also from the win2k boot menu), Freebsd, Red Hat, and Ubuntu on a 10 gig hard disk! Lolz. I broke several installs running out of disk space since I miscalculated the sizes I would need when I partitioned the disk. Hehehe. Ubuntu is my newest distro and also my first debian based system. Once I repartition and sucessfully reinstall it anyway. Heh.

-- wtf. Some messages I've been sms'ing in didn't appear on this blog. ftw.

-- Hehehe. Holiday this coming saturday. Sleep. Go out. Meth up. Hang out. Sarap. I've been working straight through this past few weeks. Usually I'd be absent one or two days out of a week. Which is why I got suspended. Lolz.

fuck you, fuck me, fuck everybody. Lolz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ganda ng setup ng multiboot mo ah. =) am experimenting a bit too. me nakita akong "sirang" 10 gig na hd dito hehhe pede pa nman so tinry ko mag dual ng freebsd and linux (slack or maybe ubuntu). as of now, 'la pang nangyayari. nagkamali din ako ng kalkula sa mga partition hehehe